Development Officer - Annual Giving & Donor RelationsCompany: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area
Date Posted: November 23, 2017
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area (BBBS) is a volunteer-driven organization that provides mentoring programs for children and youth in schools and communities throughout Calgary and surrounding areas. Mentorship is a proven strategy for youth resiliency, future orientation and social support. The presence of a caring adult in a young person’s life impacts individuals, society, workplaces, families and communities.
BBBS currently has an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for an accomplished and passionate Development Officer, Annual Giving & Donor Relations to join the organization. This is a term position from December 2017 to January 2019.
The incumbent will be responsible for the development and execution of donor retention and Annual Giving and Individual Donor plans intended to support the mission of the organization
- This position reports to the Manager, Fund Development and is accountable for leading the development and execution of the strategy for Annual Giving including: All-Star Campaign, Holiday Appeal, general individual donors (including BBBS Alumni);
- Build and maintain strong partner and stakeholder relationships;
- Lead the development and execution of a donor communication strategy;
- Meet annual financial and non-financial targets for Annual Giving, and individual donors, and grow revenue in all related areas;
- Implement renewal campaigns for regular, transitional and monthly giving donors;
- Develop and implement acknowledgement and stewardship practices and plans to ensure donor retention;
- Working with the Communications team, coordinate preparation of targeted stewardship communications for internal/external publications and website;
- Collaborate with Development team to create and implement stewardship events, providing support to third-party and in house events and fundraisers;
- Oversee the management of the donor database (Donor Perfect) ensuring data integrity, and regular donor record maintenance;
- Record, compile, track and report on stewardship and donor cultivation activities to key stakeholders and funders as required;
- Ensure succession planning for this role to ensure the long term sustainability of BBBS;
- Support the Fund Development with processing donations, preparing acknowledgement letters, tax receipts and other correspondence.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with efficiency and attention to detail;
- Proven relationship building skills;
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities, including the ability to meet deadlines with high quality of work;
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and work both independently and as part of a team;
- Superior problem solving skills;
- Experience and strong knowledge of fundraising databases and all Microsoft programs including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
- An interest in supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters fundraising objectives.
- A Degree or Diploma in Communications or Fund Development or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success in donor relations, Annual Giving and community charitable funding processes
- Outstanding verbal, written and computer-based communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Knowledgeable of Canada Revenue Agency regulations for charitable donations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Fund Development databases
- Reliable transportation with minimum $1,000,000 liability insurance and valid driver’s license required
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area offers a competitive salary and health benefits.
Closing Date: December 8th, or until position is filled.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume To:
5945 Centre Street SW
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.