Prospect Research OfficerCompany: Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Date Posted: November 8, 2017
Prospect Research Officer
(Information Officer I)
Alumni and Development
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
SAIT’s Alumni and Development department is a first-class team of fundraisers, communicators, event planners and relationship-builders. Last year, the team helped plan and execute SAIT’s centennial program – the biggest celebration in SAIT’s history, produced the award-winning LINK magazine and raising more than $12 million dollars in support of SAIT’s students. We continually seek to raise the bar, improve our practices and showcase creativity. We are committed to delivering an innovative, informative and pride-producing stakeholder relations program, with a keen focus on our more than 228,000 alumni.
Reporting to the Prospect Research Coordinator, the Prospect Research Officer is responsible for both the identification and initial qualification of new and existing donor prospects. This position performs a key role in the research activities of the unit, providing data and information that is key to the ongoing success of the department and adheres to the highest quality of standards and process efficiencies. You are highly organized, possess an inquisitive, analytical mind and a have a proactive work ethic.
- This is a temporary, benefits eligible position with an end date of June 30, 2019.
- We are aiming to conduct interviews the first week of December 2017.
Prospect Identification and Qualification
- Create and update comprehensive prospect profiles and research papers to evaluate relationships
- Identify existing connectivity to enhance the cultivation process
- Performs in-depth library and electronic research
Media Monitoring and Prospect Management
- Use of various media sources to gather donor prospect information
- Maintain and build prospect management database
Other Research and Activities
- Assist in the development of measurement indicators to support strategic decision making
- Mines current database for new prospects
- Engage in special research projects
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in library science, history, English or communication. Master’s degree in a related field such as library and information studies is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in fundraising research in a non-profit institutional setting. Experience in researching individuals and organizations for the purpose of identifying prospects for fundraising activities.
- Non-Profit Management Certificate provided by the Association of Fundraising Professionals or the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement is an asset.
- Knowledge of research techniques, fundraising and its implications, online information sources and research media.
- Ability to take an innovative and inquisitive approach to discovering relationship links between prospective donors and SAIT.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and Internet search/access capabilities to identify and research prospects.
- Knowledge of Banner ERP is an asset.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented and able to analyze confidential information with discretion.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects independently.
- Ability to stay organized and work well with diverse groups.
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Closing Date & Time: Open until a suitable candidate is found. However, we will begin selecting candidates for interviews November 29, 2017.
If you have any questions about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education