Prospect Researcher - Fund Development OperationsCompany: Alberta Cancer Foundation
Date Posted: August 21, 2017
Job Posting No: ACF-017-17
Location: Edmonton OR Calgary, AB Position Close Date: Sept 01, 2017
The Alberta Cancer Foundation raises funds in support of cancer research, cancer screening and prevention, and enhanced patient care programs at Alberta’s 17 cancer centres including the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton and the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary.
We strive to be one of the most innovative, philanthropic organizations in Canada by delivering transformational results for Alberta cancer patients and their families.
As the largest philanthropic investor in cancer research in Alberta, we have the capacity and the relationships to invest in the most promising outcomes. We take a strategic approach to investing donor dollars, toward initiatives and programs
Reporting to the Executive Director, Fund Development Operations, the Prospect Researcher is responsible for identifying, gathering and analyzing relevant and current information to assist with the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects, corporations, foundations and donors to support the goals of the Fund Development and Program Investment team.
- Identifies and researches individual, corporate and foundation donors and prospects while adhering to all ethical and privacy laws and standards.
- Proactively stays current on and applies screening, data mining, segmentation, and rating methodologies to various biographical, organizational and wealth indicators including online database services, websites, library, government and other public information sources.
- Focusses on predictive and prescriptive solutions to data collection, analysis and management.
- Synthesizes and analyzes prospect and donor information and classifies constituents according to interest, linkage and ability.
- Is responsive to Fund Development and Program Investment’s current and emerging priorities and is able to write and edit profiles, briefing notes and other research products as requested.
- Creates written and analytical reports and develop tables, spreadsheets, charts, and illustrations as required.
- Keeps track of trends in the field of prospect research, emerging practices, and available research tools and technologies.
- Is responsible for incorporating information into Raisers Edge and to standardizing and communicating pertinent new information to the Fund Development and Program Investment team on a periodic basis.
- Participate in constituent management, identification and qualification process with fund development and program investment staff.
- Education: Post-secondary degree in business, library science or related field is considered an asset.
- Experience: A minimum of three years (3) experience in information management/research in a fundraising environment or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated impact on an organization by achieving performance metrics and measurable outcomes.
- Ability to find and analyze large amounts of information from internal and external sources (online and in print), to discern and extract what is relevant to the fundraising process, and then communicate key information clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Raiser's Edge, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Sharepoint , prospect research software, online databases and the Internet.
- Successful candidates must present a current, valid criminal record check and vulnerable sector check prior to commencement for employment.
To formally apply, please put Job Posting No: ACF-017-17 in the Subject line and attach a resume and cover letter to the ACF email address firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 01, 2017.
Alberta Cancer Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
All successful candidates will be required to complete a Security Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Check.