Development CoordinatorCompany: Children's Wish Foundation of Canada
Date Posted: August 16, 2017
CALGARY, AB - Be part of the largest Wish Granting organization in Canada! Enjoy a job that is personally rewarding, and help children enjoy their most heartfelt wish. Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada now has a regular fulltime opportunity for a Development Coordinator in their Alberta and N.W.T. Chapter Office, located in Calgary, Alberta.
Working in collaboration with the Provincial Director, the Development Coordinator is responsible for generating increased Foundation revenues through development, coordination, and execution of chapter/sub-chapter fundraising initiatives, third party events and the identification of new fund development opportunities. Acting as a representative of Children’s Wish, this position safeguards the interests of the Foundation, donors and fundraising event participants by following established fundraising policies. This position may be responsible for supervising/managing paid support staff and volunteers.
- Applies fundraising principles and processes to manage all third party fundraising activities at the chapter/sub-chapter level.
- Collaborates and develops an annual fundraising activity plan with the Director or immediate manager in identifying opportunities to increase revenue in the community and at the provincial level.
- Cultivates and stewards relationships with existing donors and sponsors; working in collaboration with the Chapter Office/manager, and identify and establish relationships with new prospects; execute on solicitation including cold-calls for identified fundraising needs.
- Ensures all fundraising initiatives and donor cultivation is appropriate for Children’s Wish and is in keeping with relevant Children’s Wish policies.
- Supports the implementation of community fundraising initiatives as required ensuring their success (e.g., providing guidance, materials, volunteers, etc. to third party partners).
- Represents Children’s Wish at various meetings and fundraising events when required acting as a spokesperson for Children’s Wish, participating as a guest or developing and delivering presentations.
- Collaborates with internal departments to assist with development or coordination of material for Wish Stories and other development and communication material/literature on a timely basis which may include social/marketing media.
- Adheres to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Code.
- Establishes and maintains a wide network of external relationships with sponsors, donors, community liaisons, volunteers, media, Wish Families, suppliers; entertainers, and referring organizations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships within the chapter and across the organization ensuring a teamwork approach when appropriate.
- Communicates with stakeholders (National Office, volunteer suppliers, sponsors, donors, media and community liaisons) to ensure efficiency and effectiveness for all fundraising initiatives.
- Becomes familiar with, and understand Children’s Wish accounting procedures ensuring compliance with the Foundations management practices.
- Utilizes strong administrative and computer skills to complete all administrative and data management tasks associated with fundraising on a timely basis. This includes using Raiser’s Edge to input and track donor activities.
- Creates and generate data for reports and ensure all reporting is up-to-date.
- Utilizes creativity in the development and design of PowerPoint presentations, flyers/brochures, and other material.
- Attends and actively participate in meetings organized not only at the chapter level, but also at the national level when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education.
Experience and Training
- 2-3 years of experience in a fundraising role or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and direct experience.
- Raiser’s Edge experience
Physical or Mental Effort
- Works under pressure at peak times of the year with tight deadlines, high volume workload, and with multiple demands, changing and overlapping priorities.
- Demonstrates emotional resiliency to be able to conduct cold-calls and continue to develop donor relations.
- Physical activity may include lifting of boxes with materials, setting up equipment, etc.
- Primary responsibilities are carried out in the Chapter Office, however, regularly required to attend indoor and outdoor events in the community.
- This position is required to work outside normal office hours during peak season to attend fundraising events.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required to fulfill responsibilities.
If you are excited about this opportunity, submit your resume, stating your salary expectations, no later than September 4, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your subject line reads “Development Coordinator - Calgary, Posting #AF003”. While we look forward to receiving applications from qualified candidates, only those identified through the pre-screening process will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please. Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada is an Equal Opportunity employer.
About the Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada
Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada is the largest and only all-Canadian wish granting charity dedicated to granting wishes to Canadian children between the ages of 3 and 17 who are diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. For more than 30 years, Children’s Wish has worked tirelessly to grant heartfelt wishes to nearly 25,000 children and their families – that’s three wishes each and every day, all year long!
Children’s Wish has chapter offices and professional staff in every province, and each wish family is assigned a dedicated Wish Coordinator who is able to personally and carefully structure each heartfelt wish experience to meet the particular needs of the child and their family. Travel wishes include all siblings 21 years and under living in the same household, and families travel worry-free thanks to exclusive Blue Cross insurance.
Our newly expanded reach, which includes children diagnosed with a serious neurological or genetic illness, means continued strong wish referral support through our medical community. Wish referrals continue to increase year over year, and we are proud to maintain our 'no waiting list' policy, thanks to our generous donors.
Now more than ever, we are encouraging Canadians to donate and support Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada. Help us grant the next single-most heartfelt wish. Visit www.childrenswish.ca for more information and to donate.