Stewardship OfficerCompany: SAIT
Date Posted: August 4, 2017
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are The shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world.
SAIT’s Alumni and Development department is a first-class team of fundraisers, communicators, event planners and relationship-builders. Last year, the team helped plan and execute SAIT’s centennial program – the biggest celebration in SAIT’s history, produced the award-winning LINK magazine and raised more than $12 million dollars in support of SAIT’s students. We continually seek to raise the bar, improve our practices and showcase creativity. We are committed to delivering an innovative, informative and pride-producing stakeholder relations program, with a keen focus on our donors and our 230,000 alumni.
As a key member of the Alumni and Stakeholder Relations team, the Stewardship Officer in this position will manage and execute best-in-class stewardship reporting, donor correspondence and communication initiatives. As a versed communications specialist, writer and passionate storyteller you are able to convene genuine messages, stories and news to SAIT’s donors and partners – making them feel appreciated, connected to students and a part of the SAIT family. You are focused on customer service (internally and externally) and your clever and creative intuition gives you a keen eye and aptitude to deliver personal, timely and unique stewardship.
You have experience working on diverse teams, writing for others including senior executive and you have a meticulous eye for detail. In addition to the primary focus of writing and reporting; this role also offers a great mix of communication, marketing, engagement and event related activities.
Note: This is a temporary, 40 hour/week maternity contract position
with an end date of October 31, 2018.
- Conceive, write and deliver compelling stewardship stories, reports and content for a range of mediums – digital, social and print.
- Manage and execute all stewardship reporting – researching, writing, schedule and delivery.
- Manage and execute writing, customization and updating of donor acknowledgement letters – print, online, process and delivery.
- Oversee, produce and deliver all communication related to the endowment stewardship program.
- Collaborate with development officers on custom stewardship reports and plans specific to individual donors and giving clubs.
- Contribute to the creative concept, design and writing of annual donor report and other major stewardship pieces.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing award nominations and submissions for internal and external awards and acknowledgements.
- Participate as a member of the Stewardship Working Action Committee and other event committees as required and assigned.
- Support planning and attend donor events, as well as participate in other opportunities to help build and maintain relationships with key donors and prospects.
- Collaborate within the department and with Corporate Communications and Marketing to share and deliver donor communications across institutional channels and activities.
- Champion of SAIT’s brand voice and message.
- Degree or diploma in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications or related experience in fund development.
- 5 years’ experience producing donor communication material and/or organizational storytelling is preferred
- Experience writing, editing and managing print, video and social content would be an asset.
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills – experience working with external clients, students, donors, volunteers.
- Research skills, ability to use and extrapolate information from the Internet and internal files.
- Project management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information.
- Initiative, creativity and sound judgment to enable independent decision-making.
- Team player with a high level of comfort working with diverse teams.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Work, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator would be an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Closing Date & Time: August 24, 2017 by 11:59PM MT
If you have any questions about the role please contact email@example.com. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education