AFP Calgary, Chapter Services Division is committed to excellence in providing the highest quality of services, and products for our members and other constituents.
This Division is a standing committee of the Chapter's Board of Directors, responsible for:
- Providing effective, comprehensive and timely services to members with accurate and focused communications
Developing a core of services accepted by members and chapter
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruit, retain and build membership in AFP Calgary Chapter. Encourage participation by all members of the profession in AFP activities (Southern Alberta).
Initiate and maintain the following services/programs:
- Email Notices
- New Member Welcome and Lapsed Member Calls
- Membership/Consultants Directory
- Mentorship Program
- Awards Program
- Award bursaries and memberships to AFP members qualifying through posted competitions.
- Develop and recommend an annual budget for the Division's programs and initiatives to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Demonstrate good stewardship by maintaining chapter Services budget.
- Access the financial resources to support the programs and services requested of the association.
- Increase collaboration and partnering with other chapters.
- Encourage participation and identify volunteer opportunities at all levels of AFP - Committee Members through to Board of Directors.
- Liaise with other Divisions to coordinate activities and communication as required.
- Report to the Board through the Chair of the Division.
- Recommend policies to the Board on matters related to the Division's areas of responsibility.
- The Chair of the Chapter Services Division is a Board member appointed annually by the Chapter President in consultation with the Executive.
- The Vice-Chair is appointed annually by the Chapter President in consultation with the Division Chair.
- A minimum of five additional members will be appointed annually by the Chair.
Committee members will be appointed for the following initiatives and programs:
Bursaries and Memberships
New Member Welcome
Committee members may appoint sub-committee members as required.
The Chapter Services Division meets monthly or at the call of the Chair.
The Chapter Services Division implements its plans and fulfills its responsibilities in accordance with the approved annual budget, policies and bylaws of the Chapter.
The Chapter Services Division reports to the Board of Directors through the Chair. For more information please contact the AFP Calgary & Area Chapter office at 297-1033.