Senior Manager, Corporate PartnershipsCompany: Canadian Red Cross
Date Posted: December 14, 2017
Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Classification: FD 5
Location: Calgary, AB
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships. Reporting to the Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships and working with the Provincial Vice President, the incumbent will work as a member of the national philanthropy team and support the implementation of an integrated corporate partnerships strategy that meets annual revenue requirements. Moreover, the incumbent will manage existing partnerships and actively pursues new corporate partners for core Red Cross program support. In addition, the incumbent will support disaster appeal (international and domestic) fund development activities, as required. Further, the incumbent will play a role as part of the provincial team in a coordinated and cross-functional manner to support philanthropy, administration and program support.
- Implements and executes on an integrated plan for corporate partnerships to meet annual revenue requirements, maintain corporate donor engagement and grow/diversify the corporate partner donor base:
- Strategically and compellingly aligns corporate partner priorities with those of the Canadian Red Cross.
- Identifies and qualifies corporate supporters with capacity to give towards Canadian Red Cross programs.
- Establishes and implements cultivation, solicitation and stewardship “moves management” strategies to maximize donation and sponsorship revenue.
- Working with the marketing team, develops and delivers compelling custom proposals to corporate partners.
- Conducts prospect research, identification and qualification, as well as maintains current knowledge of development trends (sponsorship, licensing, cause marketing and gift in-kind).
- Ensures donor records are maintained in Raisers Edge database in a timely manner.
- Supports provincial fundraising campaigns and works cross functionally with other fund development channels.
- Sales focused approach to portfolio growth - Hunter (65%) and Farmer (35%).
- Exceptional corporate partner servicing skill set and profound attention to detail/brand.
- Supports the Provincial Vice President around philanthropy activities.
- Account management for Corp donor relationships held by the Provincial VP including donor strategy conversations, preparation for donor calls, proposal development, and donor follow up.
- As senior philanthropy staff in AB offices, acts as an informal resource to other philanthropy team members.
Education and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for this role are a university degree or college diploma in business administration, marketing or fundraising management with seven or more years of job-related experience in sales, sponsorship, marketing, business development and/ or corporate fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational acuity
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Strategic minded with operational excellence
- Experience using Raisers Edge database
- Proven track record of success in a quota based sales or fund development environment securing gifts of $50,000K +
- CFRE designation preferred or in progress
- Travel throughout the province is a regular part of the role. Occasional overnight travel throughout the province or country will be required. Current driver’s license and use of a car is required.
- Will be required to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of the organization during times of a disaster response and/ or appeal.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, extended health, dental, life insurance, paid vacation and a pension plan.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE