Philanthropy SpecialistCompany: Calgary Stampede
Date Posted: July 31, 2017
This position is a one year limited term from September 2017 - September 2018
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Executing on a three-year plan to maximize unrestricted programming support by growing the annual giving program and developing and implementing a high-margin special event.
- Overseeing all aspects of annual giving and fundraising events programs, including strategic planning, budgeting, implementation and involvement of key Stampede and Foundation leadership.
- Developing and overseeing, a new flagship fundraising event for the Calgary Stampede Foundation.
- Developing, cultivating, managing and providing leadership to committee of event leadership and volunteers. Maintaining good relationships with all special events fundraising volunteers.
- Directly supervising all fundraising solicitations relating to special events. Creating event-related solicitation proposals and managing all personal solicitations conducted by staff and volunteer leadership.
- Supervising the solicitation of in-kind contributions for special events.
- Supervising all event-related donor stewardship, recognition and benefits.
- Determining annual giving goals and building strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals.
- Responsible for all solicitations up to and including the equivalent of $5,000 annually or $25,000 over 5 years. Leading a comprehensive 1912 society annual program, including strategies to engage volunteers and alumni, email campaigns, giving societies, with focus on new donors and increasing average gift amounts
- Formulating and executing a communications program supporting annual giving that includes annual goals for personal visits and giving outcomes.
- Fostering ongoing relationships with future, current and past donors
- Supervising all annual giving-related donor stewardship, recognition and benefits.
- Conducting research and analyzing data/information related to donors and fundraising programs to identify potential donors and make recommendations for ongoing improvements
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity of all data collected from donors.
- Observe strict confidentiality regarding client and donor information.
- Ensure charitable organization requirements are met including CRA guidelines.
- Overseeing budgets, progress, deadlines, goals and objectives related to the organization.
- Working with the Foundation Manager, responsible for providing excellent service to future, current and past donors, anticipating and exceeding their expectations
The ideal candidate will be able to drive fundraising initiatives. He/she will have a degree/certificate in Business Administration, Communication, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited university, as well as the following:
- Full understanding of the principles and practices of fundraising, public relations, and marketing with at least 4 years of experience in a fundraising environment.
- Proven record of accomplishment that demonstrates initiative, creativity, managerial and interpersonal skills that translate into success in soliciting gifts by telephone, face-to-face, and through proposals.
- Ability to manage and adhere to campaign timelines and budgets by tracking revenue and expenses associated with assigned fundraising programs.
- Experience working with volunteers and managing volunteer committees.
- Thorough understanding of charitable organization requirements including CRA guidelines
- Excellent relationship-building skills, able to interact with all external and internal clients with proven ability to collaborate to achieve results in a diverse workplace.
- Professional, outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills and able to exercise appropriate discretion and behavior when dealing with donors, volunteers, staff, board members, and members of the public.
- Proven high standard of oral, written and visual communication skills which transcend diverse audiences.
- Detail-orientated, with strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to anticipate, recognize, and adhere to deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrate motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, working evenings and weekends as the business needs require.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and experience working in EBMS is an asset.
Click here to apply