Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement CoordinatorCompany: JDRF
Date Posted: July 13, 2017
Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for a passionate Senior Fundraising and Community Engagement Coordinator to support JDRF’s fundraising initiatives in the Calgary area.
As an integral part of the JDRF team, you will be responsible for driving fundraising activity for the Walk to Cure Diabetes, the Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes, as well as engaging those living with type 1 diabetes. You will serve as a passionate ambassador for JDRF engaging new volunteers, families, event participants, new organizations and stewarding existing accounts. As the Senior Coordinator, you will also serve as the main point of contact for volunteer event committees, providing leadership, inspiration and motivation.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Achieving and/or exceeding fundraising targets;
- Implementing best practices in peer to peer fundraising, increasing participation and event revenue;
- Relationship management for a portfolio of fundraisers, inspiring, motivating and stewarding them through the campaign;
- Working with the National and Regional Community Engagement team to engage those living with T1D and their families and to promote JDRF programs;
- Identifying and developing strategic key account volunteers to optimize participation and fundraising;
- Balancing prospecting and new account recruitment with key account stewardship and development;
- Working in partnership with Regional Corporate Engagement and Event Experience teams to achieve overall event objectives;
- Working collaboratively with team members ensuring account management processes and strategies are in place for all accounts;
- Documenting all constituent relationship activity in JDRF’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree combined with 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising and/or sales or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong written and oral communication skills needed to successfully interact with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to volunteers, donors and T1D families;
- Customer-service focused with strong interpersonal skills;
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative to independently problem solve, but also the ability to collaborate in a dynamic and ambiguous environment;
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events;
- Candidates must have access to a vehicle
Submit your application today by visiting our website! This position will remain posted until filled.
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.