Fund Development OfficerCompany: Hospice Calgary
Date Posted: May 3, 2017
Fund Development Officer –
Full-Time, Maternity Leave Contract Position
Are you ready to bring new ideas to help Hospice Calgary increase its visibility and revenues?
Are you a people person who would like to strengthen relationships with Hospice Calgary supporters?
Are you a strategic thinker, highly organized and an excellent communicator?
Position Summary: This position builds strong relationships with new and potential donors and works with the Marketing & Development team. (For full details see Position Description at www.hospicecalgary.com)
Hospice Calgary guides children, teens and adults through the grieving process as they face a life threatening illness and death of a loved one. Our team of professionals provide individual, family and group support as well as 24 hour end-of-life care. We operate two centres of care: Sage Centre for counselling and education services and Rosedale Hospice for residential end-of-life care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make the Connection. Be aware of what is going on in the community. Use critical thinking skills to find creative links between Calgary events, people and corporations.
- Bring New Ideas. Show initiative and creativity in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of corporations and foundations.
- Enjoy People. Build and manage relationships with corporate and community stakeholders.
- Write with Purpose and Passion. Write engaging, heartfelt proposals and other donor communications.
- Be Organized. Compile and track data, enter conversations, and plan next steps in the database.
- Find the Meaning. Hospice Calgary clients will teach you that each day counts. Remember to laugh, have fun and enjoy the job!
- Bachelor’s degree and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, team player, trustworthy, fun
- 3-5 years minimum business development or fundraising experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, critical thinking
- Strong knowledge of the Calgary community
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Submit resume and cover letter with attention to Patricia Lee, Director of Marketing & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org